Are You Storm-Ready?
Storm season is upon us. Now is the time to get prepared. Here are some questions that will help you determine whether you are ready for hurricane season.
- Are you aware of your local hazards, and your risk exposure?
- Have you subscribed to local alerts?
- Have you created and tested a family emergency plan?
- Are you properly insured?
- Are you saving money for emergencies, so that you can purchase emergency food and water, pay insurance deductibles, and miss a paycheck?
- Have you been trained, and do you periodically practice how you and your family will respond in times of disaster, until the help arrives?
- Have you stored/updated emergency supplies, and enough food and water to last at least 72 hours at your home?
- Have you backed up computer files and data and made copies of important documents?
- Do you know how to shut off the water & gas in your home?
- Are you prepared to check on your neighbors?
We've been hit hard with Hurricanes Matthew and Irma over the last two years, and we all hope the storms will steer clear of us this year. If you suffer storm-related damage to your home or property, call SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Yulee at 904-729-2401. We'll be there to help 24/7.